NEW HOME WARRANTY INSPECTION
The Unseen & Your TARION New Home Warranty Inspection
Perception is not what it always appears. What you see on the surface does not necessarily reflect what lays unseen beneath. Experienced understanding and knowledge do.
Now that you have lived in your newly constructed home for a short period of time, some defects may appear, others are less obvious to those not familiar with construction practices and require resolution to your satisfaction prior to the first 30 days of occupancy. Homeowners have an opportunity to submit a report to TARION, AT or BEFORE, 30 Days as well as the One Year Inspection.
The pre 30 Day inspection is important as it is an opportunity to have defects repaired before it is disputed as “wear and tear” by the homeowner. Any incomplete issues are addressed as well.
You need to have your home inspected by Reliance Home Inspection Services in order to submit any defects or deficiencies to the TARION New Home Warranty Program.
It is important to schedule your inspection prior to 30 days (ideally within 15 to 20 days) after taking possession and again prior to the one year anniversary. Homeowners have an opportunity to submit a report to TARION, AT or BEFORE 30 Days as well as the One Year Inspection.
RELIANCE HOME INSPECTION SERVICES
New Home Warranty Inspection and You
One Year Warranty
Your home’s statutory one-year warranty coverage begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the first anniversary of this date.
- Constructed in a workmanlike manner and free from defects in the material;
- Fit for habitation;
- Constructed in accordance with the Ontario Building Code; and
- Free of major structural defects.
Two Year Warranty
Your home’s two-year statutory warranty coverage begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the second anniversary of this date.
The two-year warranty is provided by your builder and covers:
- Water penetration through the basement or foundation walls;
- Defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking, or defects in work that result in water penetration into the building envelope;
- Defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems;
- Defects in work or materials which result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding);
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code affecting health and safety (including, but not limited to, violations relating to fire safety and the structural adequacy of the home); and
- Major structural defects.
Seven Year Warranty
Your home’s seven-year warranty covers major structural defects (MSD) and begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the seventh anniversary of that date.
A major structural defect is defined in The Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act as:
- Any defect in work or materials that results in the failure of a load-bearing part of the home’s structure or materially and adversely affects its load-bearing function; or
- Any defect in work or materials that materially and adversely affects the use of the building as a home.
- The seven-year MSD warranty includes significant damage due to soil movement*, major cracks in basement walls, collapse or serious distortion of joints or roof structure and chemical failure of materials.
- In addition to the general exclusions, the seven-year MSD warranty specifically excludes: dampness not arising from the failure of a load-bearing portion of the building; damage to drains or services; and damage to finishes.
RELIANCE DEFICIENCY LIST
The RELIANCE DEFICIENCY LIST can then be used to accurately fill out the home builder warranty forms.
Your New Home Warranty Inspection
Call us today to book your New Home Warranty Inspection for the intervals of your warranty period; One Year, Two Year, and Seven Year, before the anniversary date of each time stamp.
Beyond The Obvious™
Call or TXT Now! (705) 879-7674