The Home Inspection Problems | What To Do Next
Problematic Situations and How To Resolve Them
When Extended Investigative and Assessment Services Are Required
Some Inspections are obtrusive by the virtue of the task to be undertaken and will involve dismantling of systems and components. Where applicable, special permission from the property owner will be required. A full technical audit may take two or more days depending on seasonal conditions and scheduling.
- Technical Audit Inspection Team. This will include services such as camera scoping of main drains and chimney flues.
- An HVAC Technician will dismantle equipment for appropriate inspection and assessment.
- Fire Code Consultant.
- Inspection of multi-unit residential or multi-unit mixed-use occupancy.
- Camera inspection of main sewer line for properties older than 40 years with mature trees or suspected root blockage.
- Swimming pool and equipment inspection for indoor or outdoor swimming pool.
- Well, septic system, adjacent topography and suspect water quality and related delivery systems.
- Termite inspection in encroaching range area, natural habitat or other suspect wood boring evidence.
- Re-inspection by home inspector or applicable trade person for any system or component designated for inspection in the Standards of Practice that was not inspected.
- Applicable trade person or contractor for repairs noted in the inspection report.
- Inspection of Commercial, Agricultural or Industrial Property. Phase 1 Environmental.
- Suspected UFFI. Lab testing.
- Suspected vermiculite insulation in the attic. Lab testing.
- Suspected asbestos containing material. Asbestos Removal Contractor.
- Tall ladder crew for roof access not accessible by single inspector, complex roof systems or environmental conditions.
- Suspected grow house. Mold/Environmental Testing.
- Verifiable basement and/or other leaks which has caused visible damage to interior finishes including musty odors. Mold Testing.
- When purchaser or occupant is hypersensitive, asthmatic, or suspect respiratory distress etc. Mold/Environmental/IAQ Investigation.
- To determine possible existence of abandoned, underground fuel storage tank (UFST). Metal Detection.
- Wood stoves, chimney flue interiors. WETT Inspection.
- Building with an elevator or lift. Elevator Inspection.
- Plumber/Gas fitter. Pressure testing of all water, waste and gas lines for unoccupied, vacant, or dormant occupancy situations.
- Contractors for estimates to repair areas of attention noted in the inspection report.
Reliance Home Inspection Services will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
It’s More Than Money™