Reliance Home Inspection Agreement
PROPERTY INSPECTION SERVICE AGREEMENT
1. The inspector’s role and responsibilities:
- Conduct inspection according to the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics of NACHI.
- Identify any system and/or component in need of immediate major repair.
- Provide you with a general orientation of house maintenance and operating systems.
- Remain available to you by telephone or email as long as you own the house at no extra expense to you.
2. Your role and responsibilities:
- Attend and/or participate in the home inspection.
- Ask your inspector as many questions as you like while on site.
- Conclude the inspection process only when you are in complete understanding of the inspection results and the limitations of the inspection.
- Read and acknowledge the inspection report and remit payment when you are satisfied that the inspector has fulfilled their responsibilities to you.
3. Expectations and clarifications:
- A home inspection is a general review of visually accessible physical evidence at the time of the inspection and to determine whether a system or component is performing its intended purpose.
- Our home inspection is a risk assessment tool rather than an insurance policy protecting you from future repairs or cost.
- You will experience future functional problems with your house that were not identified in the inspection report.
- The inspection is a general review or basic condition survey of the subject property and not a technical audit.
- You may request specialized services or additional inspectors as a condition of the real estate transaction (see back page).
- You will receive opinions from others that differ from ours.
- Understand that providing cost estimates, determining percentages of material and predicting life expectancies is value added and is beyond the scope of a general review.
4. Client’s special concerns:
5. Intended change of use/alterations:
6. After the inspection:
- You should revisit the property prior to closing to verify property conditions have not changed since the inspection date.
- Contact us by telephone or e.mail for follow-up consultation regarding repair, maintenance or improvement advice.
- You must contact us immediately for a site visit, at no extra cost, in the event of an unanticipated problem or upon receiving conflicting advice.
- We will make every effort to maintain customer satisfaction.
7. Fee Charge and Limitations of Liability.
General Review or Basic Condition Survey: Fee charged for inspection: __________
The client hereby acknowledges that the maximum liability of the inspector/inspection firm for any acts of negligence, mistakes, errors and omissions resulting from the inspection and/or reporting shall be limited to the amount of the fee paid for the inspection. Client’s initials:
In the event that we are unable to resolve our differences, we both agree to seek resolution through arbitration. As such, we agree that all disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement, or in respect of any legal relationship associated with or derived from this agreement, shall be arbitrated and finally resolved, pursuant to the National Arbitration Rules of the ADR Institute of Canada, Inc (the Simplified Arbitration Rules of the ADR Institute of Canada, Inc.). The place of arbitration shall be (City, Town) Lindsay in the (Province) of Ontario, Canada. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
Client’s Signature: _______________________________________
Inspector’s Signature: _______________________________________